Burgh St Peter
Burgh St Peter can be found six miles north-east of Beccles and is surrounded to the south and east by the River Waveney and marshland.
Its Church of St Mary mainly dates from around 1200. There are church registers dating back to 1538 and a list of rectors that dates back as far as 1301.
Once an agricultural village, today Burgh St Peter has much less labour intensive work to be done. This means that many residents now leave the village each day to work in nearby towns.