The small village of Scoulton lies on the B1108 road, 4 miles from Watton and roughly 20 miles from the city of Norwich. The village school shut its doors in 1985 due to falling numbers, and the village has not had a public house since 1957. The majority of Scoulton's working age residents travel out of the village in the search for employment. This differs greatly from years gone by, when most of the villagers would have worked on the land. Scoulton village hall was opened in 1992 and is used by a variety of groups and organisations.