West Beckham is a small, rural village a few miles from Sheringham and Cromer and the market town of Holt. It is a pretty little village with a lovely old church set in the middle. Its name derives from the Danish 'beck' meaning brook. It actually has 2 rivers, one flowing out to sea at Cley-next-the-Sea whilst the other feeds Scarrowbeck and then out to sea at Great Yarmouth. West Beckham is set in beautiful Norfolk countryside and is one of the highest points in Norfolk, being 300 feet above sea level. Lord Haw Haw helped to put West Beckham on the map as he referred to the pylons put there in 1938 as "the beastly things at Beckham". St Helen's and All Saints' church was consecrated in 1891 and was built from the ruins of East Beckham church and West Beckham church. Inside the church, the walls are made of un-plastered flint and the church sits within a garden.