West Walton is a small village 12 miles south west of King's Lynn. St Mary's Church campanile stands 60ft to the south of the church. It was built in about 1250, after completion of the main body of the church and contains the original 13th century bell-frame and five bells. The western entrance and the south porch date from about 1240 with the south porch featuring octagonal columns. Inside there is an Early English window, with dog-tooth and rose designs carved in its capitals and mouldings, described by Pevsner as a perfect miracle of exquisite carving. The nave contains paintings dating from the 13th, 17th and 18th centuries.